Couple of things which to share with all of you:
  • Nothing in the world is perfect. People seek for perfection and when they do not usually get it, they feel disappointed. I did when i received my results today. But, slowly, you will come to realise that imperfection is a kind of beauty. This is because without variation, the world will be so monotonous and dull. So, be ok with imperfection, they do occur most of the times.
  • Life is not about examinations and tests when life itself is the ultimate test. Well, this is quite a cliche but nonetheless I will state it: Results is not everything. It's hard for students to understand this idea fully, especially Singapore students who have been constantly under the pressure to perform excellently in their studies. However, ultimately, what makes up you is what you have gained throughout your life. I gained few lessons from the imperfection of my results. I was sad. But, I learnt something new. That's the more important thing.
  • Whenever you feel down, remember that there's always someone there for you. I was feeling horrible when I got my results. But, during that period of internal turmoil, my Mother was always there for me. And, my friends were there too to console me. Haha, perhaps it's because I looked too upset, but their small words of encouragement are warming to the heart. Friends are for a lifetime; results are not.
  • We will always stay as who we are and how we are no matter what. Finally, 05s7b-ers, believe in yourselves, and move ahead together. The first few months were fantastic and we still have many wonderful moments to come. To those who did well, congratualations. Those who did not, well, learn something new and move on.

Lots of Love

Cheng Rong aka chromium aka Jacky aka 张争荣