Dear Juniors,

No need to be so discouraged over poor attendance at class outings. Sometimes, people really just can't help it; not to mention getting a class of 25 together... imagine how some universities' class committies do it, they've got to get anywhere between 300 to 10,000 people together at one place at one time for a class (i.e. class of 2004, class of 2005) reunion.

Cliques are an inevitable thing in a class. Just don't let things sour and turn into intra-class rivalry - that's when you know something's gone terribly wrong. But neither should you all let things become a case where people totally ignore one another. That's when you know things are bordering on going terribly wrong.

Nice to know somebody picked out the problem at its early stages. Hell, even my class had to face it once this year. And for me, being one of the 'outsiders' (or partial 'outcast') in class, I could see it very clearly. We were like the universe, evolving and changing. (I'm sure Jin Guan can appreciate this comparison well.) At the beginning of the year, we were like massive blogs of energy, homogeneous (literally for the guys, but also meaning that we were freshmen) and talkative. Then, people started clumping together, much like energy gained mass and hence started clumping into massive clouds of gas. Slowly but surely, we were drifting away from each other, just as the galaxies of the universe are doing now.

[What I'm telling you guys is coming from me, and it may not necessarily be the reality, but it's more of my point of view. And I've never shared these opinions with many people like this, so if you'd rather not read on my rattling, then you can stop reading here.]

From my point of view, there are two people in my class who are slightly isolated. Song Peng, who's well, okay, totally ostracized. And then there was me (back then), who couldn't seem to fit in any clique. I didn't fit with the girls well (duh!), didn't fit with the gamers well, and didn't fit with the academic high-achievers well. (The reasons for which I won't elaborate here; it's a public place. But I'll blog it on my own blog sometime.) So I drifted from clique to clique, but never found a place. So I decided I was going to be an observer of the class.

Things became crystal clear. We weren't having in-fights, thank heavens. We were, however, kind of ignoring each other. But as soon as I observed all these, our great CT Rep Huang Fang (cheers to you!) put it forth before me, along with a few others like Glendon, Shen Siong, Audrey and Irene (cheers to you four too!). So I didn't have to comment much about it, except complain that I was feeling isolated. Good thing we had people like the four of them caring about the class.

So the reversal of the Big Bang started occuring. We talked, blogged our hearts, tried to bridge the gaps, and soon, you could say, intergalactical travel suddenly became possible. The galactical distances (okay, exaggeration...) between us became smaller. We then started doing things together again. Almost certainly, we were heading for the Big Crunch - the culmination after the A levels, when we would be free from school, our class, our CCAs, and on our own.

A question strikes me. How many of us would remember the others? Can anybody answer this question definitely? I believe not. But it is evident that if you've put in your heart and soul into your class, you'll treasure it. Perhaps that's my only one regret that I'll take as I leave - that I didn't do just a little more in JC, be it for my class, CCA, or even school. But that's another story.

Perhaps some of you may think I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, or that I'm blowing this issue in your class (which I'm not even a part of). Maybe you all are right. But take it from me that before I blogged this post, I had a nagging gut feeling that I should elaborate about this to you guys.

Hope you all sort it out.