Yoz yoz people!

Now I know what the split craze is. I bet I can play it too lah... Jin Guan, Jonathan, Samantha, Yan Ling, Kah Kiat etc. will know why... =P

Btw, I have to agree with Min Hao that the debate was simply a mess. But I am confident that you guys won the debate for this round. You could put it down to the consistent tone of the three speakers, coupled with the fact that they stuck to their guns firmly. On the opp side, well, yeah, that girl (what was her name?) brought out the best points of the opp side, but then again, Cheng Rong, Min Hao and Jun Dar each pointed out how the checks and balances inherent within the legal system ensure the prevention of abuse.

I guess that in general, for everybody (even when doing GP essays), you guys should learn how to develop and elaborate on a point. Best to have one strong point than have many under-developed points. This way, you can convince a reader/listener in a manner that comes out stronger, as opposed to delivering half-baked points that make your reader/listener feel that you're being flippant (that's a new word I learnt from GP lesson today, by the way). So that's one reminder that I'd just like to put to the debate team of 05S7B.

Will there be changes to the speaker lineups? I hope not... although I do believe Cheng Rong would do better as the third speaker for the next debate...

Oh ya, and on POIs, to give a POI, you must stand up, extend one arm outwards (not upwards), and say, "On that point, sir/madam." You guys shouldn't raise your hand up. It... isn't stylish. Best that if you want to *suan* your opponents, use your left hand, cause it's usually less courteous. And then when rejecting POIs, just continue with your speech while waving them down. It's better that way. (Good to note that all 3 speakers did do that.) Finally, please do NOT EVER EVER learn from what Cheng Rong did: to barrage the opposition with POIs. And if need be, cut off your opponent's POIs if they're getting too long (ideally it should be 10s for them to speak). Finally, do not ever engage in a discussion during a POI. If you need to, cut off your opponent by saying, "I get your point, sir/madam, but..." and then elaborate. This'll give you time to expand on your other points while also giving you time to refute the opponent's points.

I think I won't give too much comment here... you guys'll probably get sianz reading my post (which is filled with technical debate jargon). haha... for the 2nd round, if you guys want to check your points, just find me, call me, MSN me or... whatever the heck, just GIVE ME ATTENTION! MUAHAHAHAHA ME VERY AA!

Eric