Hi guys,

I know a lot of you all are going to start campaigning to become a councillor. Well, I won't say much to discourage you; after all, it is your own life. However, there's something I want to remind you all (for those who are 'running for council').

I told this to Yunwei and Xinhui this morning, just before lessons. It's that big, three-lettered question: WHY? Why me? Why am I doing this? Why will the others vote in favor of me?

I hope you all don't ask this question with the hope of revealing some model answer in front of the Apollo crowd, because no. 1, I can spot these model answers and, no. 2, you'll be lying to yourself and a crowd of people who, if they vote you in, will have misplaced their trust in you.

Instead, answer the question truthfully to yourself, and keep the answer to yourself too. There is no need to parade your answer around. When up on stage, just treat it as a public interview. Give us the best impression possible of you, and we'll vote for you.

Just my two-cents worth of words.

~Eric~